How many devices can you get your email on and how often do you check your messages?
Think about it… email is the link between you and coworkers, vendors, clients, family, retailers, friends and hobbies. Daily email communication is a must, no matter who you are or how you spend your time.
If you’re anything like me, you probably access your email from your phone, your tablet and your computer. And, I’ll admit, I’m always connected, but even my parents use iPhones and iPads and computers on a daily basis — and if they’re doing it, likely most of your clients and prospective clients are too.
So, why wouldn’t you want to use email to help get your message and offerings out!
Three tips to Growing your Email List
Whether your list is currently 10 subscribers (including your mom) or a hundred or several thousand, every time you send out an email, your list engagement will change… so you need to always be growing your list. Be sure to consistently use these tactics to add to your list:
- Ask your social media community and blog readers to join your list.
- Present a compelling reason for people to get on your list. Try something like “Are you going on Vacation this summer? Download my 15-minute do-anywhere workout” or “Love to eat tasty and nutritious food? So do I. Download my Base Grocery Shopping List!”
- Write amazing, share-able, yet exclusive content in your mailings and encourage your subscribers to share with their network
I’ve just released a brand new video series, only available to my email subscribers — so if you’re not on the list yet, before you read further, fill out the form to get the series delivered!
How to Elevate your Online Presence to Kick-Ass Status
Get my 3-part video series today and learn actionable steps to increasing views, engagement and customers!
Would you have signed up for the video series if I had just called it “Newsletter Signup”? Probably not but because you knew that in exchange for giving me permission to email you, you’re getting a 3-part series of videos which could actually help your fitness business.
You are a busy trainer, so I determined that providing short, actionable videos was the most compelling thing I could offer in exchange for your email address. I could have provided a really cool document or checklist or eBook, but since I know how valuable your time is, I determined that a multi-part video series would fit into your schedule in such a way that you would benefit most.
Appreciate your list
Everyone who is on your list chose to be there. They chose to learn from you and be inspired or motivated by you. The most important thing you can do with your list is to appreciate them. They are your lifeblood for future business growth. Give more to your list than to any other online platform — more than your blog, more than social media… this is the place to release exclusive content.
List members, need to be reminded of what you offer and why your emails are worth reading, so don’t spam them!
At first your list is going to mainly be your current clients. In fact, by engaging in a business relationship, they have already agreed to be emailed by you, so when you get started with your email marketing provider, these are the email addresses that will start your list.
So, now that you have your list started, what do you send them? How often? What do you expect from them??? Use this list as a start of ideas to fuel your mailings.
- What are they already getting from you?
- What complimentary services would benefit them?
- How can you increase their loyalty to you and your style of fitness?
- What do they like to share on social media? In class? In 1:1 sessions?
- What do you wish you had time to share with your clients?
Taking care of your list is vital — so, do whatever you can to truly inspire them with each and every mailing!
In the comments below, let me know two things:
- How frequently do you email your list?
- What is your most burning question regarding growing the list?